- Entrants set themselves specific health and fitness goals.
- They then get fitness tested by you at the start and end of the Challenge and in between get about blitzing their goals.
- Entrants agree to see you or another ‘Coach’ at least twice more during the Challenge. On average, entrants do however see their trainer coach weekly for the 20 weeks.
- At the end Catch Fitness give away cash prizes and award certificates.
HOW WE SUPPORT ENTRANTS
Each week we send entrants a Chapter the Winner’s Guide with good, basic, foundation, information in it. There’s nothing extreme in the guide and we’ve only had one trainer, out of more than 150, say that any edition was inappropriate for their clients.
Classic examples of topics covered in the Winner’s Guide would include info on how and why to get a good night’s sleep, to stay hydrated, drink alcohol in moderation, do warm ups before working out etc.
Weaved through out the Challenge are heaps of ideas, using different motivational principles, all designed to help keep people on track, moving forward and seeing people like you more often.
WHAT WE DON’T DO
We’re not into specific styles of training or a certain way of eating. We leave all that to the experts who can individualize that advice.
We also don’t sell anything and we’re not a facade for any other products or services.
- IT’S FREE for you to support and train entrants in your professional area of expertise. We take no commission for referring people to you or from any of your sessions.
- Pick Up New Clients: 100s of entrants have used trainers for the first time as a result of entering the 20 Week Challenge. PTs like Dwayne above had 14 new clients sign up with him. The majority of entrants seeing their trainer once a week or more for the duration of the Challenge.
- Motivate Existing Clients: The majority of existing clients end up seeing their trainer more often than they otherwise would and are more committed to following their advice for the course of the 20 Week Challenge.
- Free Support: All trainers receive optional fitness testing templates to use, technical training ideas and business tips.
- Promo Kit: Use our Promo Pack of ideas and free downloadable templates if you want to promote yourself as a PT of the 20 Week Challenge.
- We Will Rave About You: We don’t support the idea that just one trainer, famous or otherwise is the trainer for everyone. We believe the best experts are the ones on the ground, in our communities and our aim is to promote and support them.
- We Will Make You Look Good: We are a reputable business that has been in the game long term. Being a trainer with us can help increase your own credibility and branding power, especially if you’re a newbie on the block.
Read over 100 testimonials from PTs here , watch the movie below and click on these pics to see how happy the clients are!
Check out the 20 Week Challenge website for hundreds of testimonials from entrants, www.20weeks.co.nz.
As a new trainer, the 20 Week Challenge will help build your confidence and grow your business.
As an experienced trainer, entering your existing clients into 20 Week Challenge can be the perfect way to push those that need it and a wonderful way to reward those doing well.
Above: Cate Grace with her first clients back in 2010. Cate went on to win the 2011 NZ Fitness Industry HQH Up and Coming PT Award and in 2013 went to London as one of the Life Fitness, 10 top PTs in the world to watch. In 2013 she had 55 people enter into the 20 Week Challenge under her, 49 of whom crossed the finish line. In 2014 she had more than 60 enter with similar numbers in 2015 and 2016 – the 10th series she was involved with.
Jean Scott Winner of the Fitness Industry REPs Award 2011, has now done eleven challenges with us and has over 20 years experience in the industry. Jean also went to London in 2013 as a finalist in the Life Fitness Top 10 PTs in the world to watch.
As with all your clients, the entrants pay you directly at whatever rate you both agree to. PTs do not pay any entry fees/commissions etc to Catch Fitness on any client sessions.
Answer: Tell the world you are a 20 Week Challenge PT.
- Update your REPs profile: Entrants without trainers are encouraged to look to their local REPs site when they sign up so make sure your details on it are complete and enticing. We also encourage trainers to say they are a 20 Week Challenge trainer on that page, in the first line or two of their profile, so they are really easy to find.
- Use our PT marketing templates: These are ready for social media, in local workplaces, on your website etc to tell the world you are a 20 Week Challenge PT. Register here and we’ll send you the link to the free promo pack and if it brings you new clients or sessions awesome, and if not, you’ve lost nothing.
- Fitness test all your client entrants in the first four weeks of the challenge and again in the last four weeks. We will provide the templates on which the results are recorded and ideas on how to do these but at the end of the day the exact tests you choose will be up to you. The entrants will log their results with us.
- Train the entrants. If that’s an option for them and you, offer to train them for the 20 weeks to help them get to their goals.
- Feedback: Give us feedback at the end.
- Optional extra’s but highly encouraged are to:- Read the short weekly chapters of the Winner’s Guide and the Supporter’s Superhero emag designed to help grow your business and support you as a challenge trainer.
We will offer you up some ideas and help you feel more confident with what you are doing, but no we won’t dictate what you have to do.
On April 2nd we provide all paid up entrants and their trainers with a fitness testing template which will help you pick and choose what tests to do for each category.
The Catch Fitness 20 Week Challenge is a great way for a fitness facility to provide:-
- business and technical support to its PTs via the weekly e-mags we provide
- a quality challenge to members which has very safe, mainstream content. There’s nothing that’s likely to upset any dietitian, physio or PT in them.
- an attractive reason for new members to join up with your facility for 20 weeks
- a retention tool for existing members
- a way to entice members to use your PTs, attend your classes and use the other services of your club and affiliates.
Basically it’s a challenge where all the hard work has been done and the cash prizes put up.
We offer a Trainer of the Series Award. .
All 20 Week Challenge PTs need to be registered with one of these bodies by May 21st, 2018 at PT Level or what in NZ with REPs, is regarded as Exercise Consultant Level 2 or equivalent elsewhere.
You must advise anyone that signs up with you if you’re not registered as all costs incurred by us and them as a result of you not being registered and them not being eligible for prizes or awards, will be born by you.
Email us for more information if need be or head to your local registration body’s website.
Head to the 20 Week Challenge site itself and get a little familiar with the categories – 20 Week Challenge site
Then on April 2nd all trainers and entrants will receive the Start Up Guide, Chapter 1.
The Catch Fitness 20 Week Challenge, piloted in 2007 with 20 people, was set up by me when I was a PT and PT manager.
It was hugely successful and reinforced to me that the best trainer in the world isn’t the Celebrity PT who dishes out an online programme or book. As awesome as those can be nothing beats that trainer who can advise someone on the ground, in real time, on an individual basis and tap into local experts and activities to fill the gaps in their clients goals.
While we know that as an industry the challenge becomes how we impart that knowledge to the public and leverage them to act on it and thus the 20 Week Challenge.
The Challenge has now been delivered by more than 150 awesome personal trainers to almost 3000 people and given out over $100,000 in prizes.
For many it has not only helped them to help others, it brings them in new clients, new ideas and provides them with lots of free resources to use in their own challenges and with their other clients.
‘The 20 Week Challenge is an absolutely fabulous thing to be part of. It took me a couple of years before I gave it a shot after I had been recommended by another PT and I am so glad I finally did! In 3 years we have trained 80 people for this challenge and have had some incredible results and life changing stories! This is a great challenge to keep your clients on track over winter and excellent if they have an edge of competitiveness in them 🙂
Kate Lugtigheid – Pumped Personal Training. Winner of the Exercise Industry Award – PT of the Year, 2015.
Every year we make it simpler and easier for trainers to be involved. If you were involved with us pre-2017 then know that those big, lengthy reports you used to type up, are now done online by the entrants and the Award nights are also online!
Give me a call if you’d like to know more about the changes and how they might effect you.